Thursday, September 14, 2006

*Quack Quack*

What an opening stanza.

Without checking the record books, I can safely say that this first couple of matchdays have yielded one of the highest number of goals scored in the first couple of games of the new League season in my recent memory.

Barca whipping Levski for 5.

Bayern spanking Sparta for 4.

Olympiakos and Valencia sharing 6 goals.

Roma crushing Shaktar 4 nil.

Man U and Celtic in a 5 goal scoring-fest.

And perhaps most surprising to me, Steaua humbling Dynamo Kiev 4 - 1 in the frozen tundra of the Valerie Lobanovsky Stadium. Liverpool played their qualifying round second leg against Maccabi Haifa there and the conditions were horrid. To go and bang 4 goals past Kiev in their backyard is no mean feat. I doubt Kiev are that bad, neither to I think Steaua are that good. I'm chalking this result down to freakiness.



Fresh on top of the pile is Lil' Baby Duckie. Hot on her heels is Hugo, with a mindbending 11 points this round. Kheva jackpot 2 nights ago, but last night eat yummy claypot rice. He tumbles down to midtable ignomity.

Stay tuned on 26 & 27 Sep for the next round of games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home